Philips 2

Philips (Australia) / c. 1955

back next
Design: On this version of the label, the border is uninterrupted at the foot.

History: Launched in 1950 by Philips Phonographische Industries (PPI), a Dutch electrical company. In 1962 PPI and Deutsche Grammophon merged and by 1972 became known as PolyGram. Label scans courtesy of collector Jukka Kettunen of Finland.



site map   era index