Leningradskii 2

Leningradskii Zavod (U.S.S.R.) / c. 1958

back next

Design: A completely different design than previous issues. Label scan courtesy of collector Dimitar Malchev of Bulgaria, who writes: "The water is the river Neva, which flows through Leningrad (since renamed St. Petersburg). The building at the centre is the old Stock Exchange of the town, and the 'lighthouses' on either side are the celebrated 'Rostral columns' (columns with beaks, or bows, really) nearby. This is one of the most well-known views of the town. The two letters above are L and Z, representing Leningradskii zavod (factory)."

History: Unknown (have info? Please send to info.re.78s@shaw.ca).




site map   era index