April Factory 3

April Factory (U.S.S.R.) / c. 1957

back next

Design: The Communist 'red' star and the lighthouse with its flashing beams have completely disappeared, to be replaced by a burning torch emblazoned with a clef to symbolize music, the flames being worked into the letters AZ (Aprelevskii Zavod, or 'April Factory'). Perhaps the zeal for Communist dogma was in temporary decline at the time.

History: The 'Aprelovka Zavod' company had German capitalist beginnings, dating from the pre-WWI era (c. 1910). Named for the village where the factory was located, it came under German occupation during WWII, but after the war was restarted under Russian management.




site map   era index