Design: In the early 1920s, as the cut-price chain-store concept began to take off across the western world, record companies began competing with each other to supply them with ever-cheaper product lines. Introduced by Columbia in 1925, Harmony was one such name brand, which would last until 1932, in the aftermath of the worldwide financial meltdown. Briefly revived in 1949, the identical calligraphic logo as had appeared in the 1920s was again employed (in the case of Okeh name brand, also owned by Columbia, also dating from the 1920s and revived in the 1940s, the script-style lettering was updated. The original colour schemes of both labels were altered from a warm red to a purplish cast.).
History: Label scan courtesy of collector Kjell Thorsen of Norway; thanks to collector Georg Richter of Germany for updated info.