Design: The standard Columbia design that had first been introduced in the late 1920s.
History: Label scans courtesy of collector Georg Richter of Germany, who writes: "In 1926 the German Columbia label was brought to the market by Electrola. Initially the records were pressed in England, but after 1928, mostly in Berlin. Until 1939 they issued additional recordings from American and English Columbia, and from English Regal Zonophone. Electrola's Columbia ownership first became official after WWII. The above is a re-issue of a 1940 record; Hans Rehmstedt had one of the best German swing bands in the recording studio in 1940."