Noginskii Zavod 6

Noginskii Zavod (U.S.S.R.) / c. 1938

back next

Design: Here, a peasant maiden enjoys a moment of relaxation from her labours of pulling a hand-cart by dancing under the shade of a gnarled old tree, drawing on the pride of Russians in hard physical work and their cultural richness. The stippled effect mimics airbrushed photography, a single colour drawing being much easier for reproduction.

History: Label scan courtesy of collector Lucyna Lachowicz of Poland. Constantin Tavolzansky of East Ukraine writes: "In the early 1930s, in Noginsk, a small industrial town near Moscow, a new plant was built for the production of records. Its equipment, advanced for its time, was installed by the German Electrola company and domestic suppliers. Along with the Aprelevsky factory, the Noginsk plant became the country's largest record supplier for the country's many different ethnic groups. The plant was at the original location no more than a decade: with the onset of war all the equipment was transferred to Tashkent, where it was deployed in production."


Design variations of this label in this decade (click on image to view page):


site map   era index