Design: A 78 rpm record sits on a lyre-shaped music stand, with the label name, in a small size of 'Old English' or Gothic lettering, in an arc above.
History: According to Sutton & Nauck (American Record Labels and Companies), "The Gramophone Shop originally imported European records and . . . occasionally commissioned recordings aimed at its affluent clientele." These were pressed for them by Columbia between 1934 and 1936. Record kindly donated by collector Ed Wolk of Canada.
|site map|| era index