Design: A distinctive triangular logo, showing three erratic, lightning-strike arrows, triangular treatment of the centre bar of the 'E,' and a wavy baseline to the wording.
History: The Tri-Ergon sound-on-film system was patented from 1919 on by German inventors Josef Engl, Hans Vogt and Joseph Massolle. The name Tri-Ergon was derived from Greek and means 'the work of three.' A subsidiary, Tri-Ergon Musik AG of Berlin, made commercial phonograph records for the German, French, Swedish and Danish markets from about 1928 to 1932. Although the product was advertised as 'Photo-Electro-Records,' it is unknown whether the sound-on-film process was actually used in making them, perhaps for simple cutting of the record" (Wikipedia). Label scan courtesy of collector Dimitar Malchev of Bulgaria. According to updated information from collector Georg Richter of Germany, who supplied the alternate colour label scan (below, from c. 1930), this record was released in March 1929.