Design: A classic Art Deco design, featuring a silhouette of Pallas, one of the race of mythological Titans, giant gods of incredible strength. The ultra-bold label name lettering features saw-tooth cross-bars to the 'A,' such flat machine-cut contours being typical of Art Deco.
History: Label scan courtesy of collector Georg Richter of Germany, who writes: "The Pallas label originates basically from Clausophon, and was later used by the Pallas pressing works in Diepholz, who did pressings by order for many German record companies. The first records were issued in 1929, recorded (like this one) at the Kristall studios in Berlin-Reinickendorf. This Pallas label disappeared in 1931/32, but was reactivated in 1941, issuing recordings made by the Televox company in Berlin-Charlottenburg. After WWII, the label was again active until 1948, using also masters from Austria and Switzerland."