Design: A symmetrically-balanced design, in which the label name follows the outer curve, as in almost all pre-WWI designs. The elements in the upper segment have been enlarged and repositioned, but remain tastefully done.
History: Label scan courtesy of musicologist and collector Bill Dean-Myatt of the U.K. Thanks also to collector Georg Richter of Germany for the following info: "In early 1907 it was listed as Anker-Phonogramm-Gesellschaft mbH, Berlin SW68, Lindenstrasse 3. During the first all-Russian musical instrument exhibition in Petersburg (1907) they were dedicated with the highest award, a gold medal. In October 1907 the company advertised a new address: Berlin SW68, Ritterstrasse 77-78 (most German record companies were located in the Ritterstrasse). In November 1907 the company put out an advertisement which read: 'New! Arabian records. Big repertoire, excellent quality. The best Arabian records, according to Arabian statements.' They offered also a neutral record catalogue by request. The above data is from 'Phonographische Zeitschrift' of 1907."